AVKO E-books and Amazon's Kindle
Amazon Kindle | Freebies
| AVKO E-books |
Things You Will Need:
After you have downloaded the E-Book into your
- Connect your USB cable to your Kindle and your PC.
(Note: You must first unplug the electrical
- Plug the other end of the Kindle charging cord into
the charging port on your Kindle. The Kindle's charging
port doubles as the data transfer port. When your Kindle
is plugged into the computer, you will be able to both
recharge its battery from the computer's battery and
- Wait until your Kindle automatically goes into USB
drive mode and appears in your computer's system as a
removable mass-storage device.
- Double-click on the Kindle's icon to open an
explorer window. Locate the folder designated for the
file type you want to transfer from the computer to the
Kindle. (Note: only certain file types--.PDF, .AZW,
AZW1, .TXT, .MOBI, .PRC, .AA, .AAX and .MP3--are
currently readable by the Kindle as of early 2010).
- Locate the files you want to transfer on your
computer's hard drive, then drag and drop them into the
appropriate Kindle folder.
- Disconnect your Kindle from the USB cable. It will
automatically return to wherever you may have been
reading before you connected it to the computer.
Instructions adapted from
Marie Mulrooney's article on ehow.com
Contact Us | Donate