The Patterns of
Includes side-by-side pages from
Word Families in Sentence Context
for Vols. 1-8
Download the e-book (PDF) |
About This Book
Click the Links Below to View the Indices
from the Various Volumes from
Index for Volumes 1-10
Volume 1 has all the short vowel CVC words such as
dad, get, tin.
Volume 2 has all the short vowel CVCC words such as
band, went, itch.
Volume 3 has all the long vowel (CV and VCe) words
such as go, nice, tube.
Volume 4 has all the long vowel digraph words such
as raid, seem, roam.
Volume 5 has all the -R and W- controlled words plus
the only listing of all the insane, crazy, outlaw
words from the simple was, does, and says to the
less frequently used lingerie, solder, and colonel.
Volume 6 has the Basic Suffixes with words such as
battle, dreadful, batter.
Volume 7 has the ending Y words such as destiny,
Volume 8 has the power suffixes. Example words are
precious, partial, permission.
Volume 9 has the Advanced Patterns. Example words are
technique, chauvinism, rendezvous.
Volume 10 has all the prefixes, suffixes, Latin and
How Can You Use This Book?
- Quickly find all of the words in a word family.
- Find additional words in a word family for
additional practice or substituting out words that
are already known.
- Find the spelling rules for the word families
currently being studied in your spelling program.
- Find all of the words that follow the same
syllable patterns (syllabication; e.g., CVC, CVVC)
in the same volume.
- Create your own spelling program with the
help of Individualized Spelling's
- Use the pages from Word Families in Sentence
Context to give a sentence context for your spelling
- Note: Volumes 9 and 10 do not yet have
completed contextual sentences.
- Use the contextual sentences as preview or review
exercises for dictation, choral reading, or individual
- Teach advanced vocabulary for college preparation or
preparation for standardized tests or spelling bees.
Preview This Book:
Contact Us | Donate