> Volunteer >
Website Quality Control
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but
here are some of the items for which you should be watchful
when proofreading and doing quality control of the website.
This should be your baseline. If you have other
suggestions of new sections of the website, specific
resources, other curriculum information, or functionality of
the website, please let us know.
Opening of links:
- Internal links--a page within the AVKO.org
website--open within the same frame/window/tab
- External links--a page outside of the
AVKO.org website--open in a new frame/window/tab
Internal and especially external links
are still active (not "dead")
- The upper left AVKO logo is a hyperlink
to the homepage on each page
- Link text ("anchor text") is relevant, explicit, and
- Anchor text describes the linked page (does NOT
use "click here" or similar)
- If a space follows the link, the space is not part
of the link (underlined).
- AVKO book titles are italicized and
- Other (internal and external) relevant
links are listed.
- Where appropriate, images on page are links.
- Links do not link to the page on which that link is
located (unless it is a "bookmark" to a specific spot on
the page using the # tag)
On Each Page:
- "Breadcrumb trail" of "parent links"
- Google custom search bar at bottom of page
- Google banner advertisement at bottom of page
(except 404 page, success/fail pages, etc.)
- Donate | Contact | Sitemap at bottom of body of page
Functionality of Forms:
- Buy Now buttons are functional (successfully add 1
of the desired product to the shopping cart)
- Search forms work
Spelling and Grammar:
Page is free of superficial and advanced
spelling and grammar errors
Proper italicization and
Words that are referred to are
italicized or in quotes (e.g., the phrase "id est" is
Pages have a clear hierarchy of headings
and sub-headings, with formatting that cues this.
Bulleted lists do not have gaps between
Site template is consistent and proper:
Borders line up from top to bottom
Grey (not white) background
Each page has top "splash" screen
with column of links, AVKO logo, pics, etc.
Formatting is consistent within each
page and with the rest of the site
Pictures are properly sized for the page
Text formatting is appropriate and not
overdone (no excessive formatting of font size, color,
italics, underlining, highlighting, bolding, etc.)
Avoid excessive scrolling; long pages
should be broken up into smaller pages or page
"bookmarks" and "back to top" links should be used.
General aesthetic comments
- Ease of navigation throughout the site
- Contact information is listed as Birch Run, MI 48415
and NOT Clio, MI 48420
Contact Us | Donate